At Aubrey Pediatric Dentistry, we are dedicated to providing our patients and team members with the safest environment possible. Our revised protocols below, coupled with our continual evaluation of best practices, are just the first step in caring for those we serve.
- All team members have undergone stringent re-training on proper sterilization techniques to ensure that everyone is performing this task to the highest level.
- All instruments and tools will be immediately sterilized after being used.
- Sterilized instruments and tools will remain unopened until a patient is seated to minimize contamination.
DISINFECTING DENTAL TREATMENT SUITES AND THE ENTIRE OFFICE
- Extra time is being allotted in our schedule to allow for the thorough and proper disinfection of dental treatment suites.
- All blankets, toys, magazines, and remotes have been removed to prevent cross-contamination.
- All team members have been trained to disinfect door handles, tables, front desk surfaces, sinks, and bathrooms after every patient.
TEAM PPE UPGRADES
- All clinical team members will wear scrub jackets or disposable gowns to prevent cross contamination.
- All clinical team members will wear level 3 masks with proper eyewear to allow for N95 level protection from aerosols or N95 masks.
- All non-clinical team members will wear masks and glasses or eyewear.
THE CAR IS THE “NEW WAITING ROOM”
- Patients will wait in their car until their dental assistant is ready for them.
- All patients will have their temperatures checked before entering our office.
- All parents are required to wear their own masks while in the office.
- Patients are requested to come by themselves (if possible) – no siblings and only one adult allowed in office (if needed).
- Any patients with symptoms in line with Covid-19 are kindly requested to not schedule until 14 days after their symptoms have subsided.
- All patients will be asked to sign a Covid-19 release form prior to beginning their visit. Covid-19 screening questionnaire and health history update MUST be completed before entering the office by every patient.
- Upon enter the office, all patients and parents are required to wash their hands.
- Time will be added to all appointments to allow for the team to put on the proper PPE and to thoroughly disinfect rooms.
- In order to minimize aerosol production, all treatment will be performed under either a rubber dam or isodry apparatus.
- No more than 4 patients will be in the office at any given time.
- Our office might be reducing our weekly hours until we can gauge demand. As we continue to re-grow our business, we will add more hours and availability.